BOSTON YOUTH SERVICE NETWORK is a group of community-based organizations working collaboratively to provide alternative education and employment pathways for youth at risk, 16-24 years. Organizations successfully engage youth through a continuum of programs including nontraditional learning environments in alternative schools, career exploration programs to build job and life skills, integrated wrap around services and postsecondary connections.
Our mission is to strengthen and align a community-based system of education, workforce development and youth development services to positively engage proven risk youth and move them towards economic self-sufficiency.
To accomplish this we:
- Outreach and engage youth at risk and/or disconnected youth and provide multiple pathways to economic self-sufficiency.
- Promote and support a community-based education model in Boston for off-track and out of school youth.
- Foster life skills and self development through career exploration, youth employment and youth development opportunities that incorporate 21st century skills and training.
- Advocate for and in partnerships with youth and foster a strong youth voice and opportunites for engagement.
- Strengthen a network approach to facilitate youth transitions at key points and assure access to a range of quality programs through youth referrals, capacity-building and staff connections.
Who we serve:
Organizations target low-income Boston youth, ages 16-24, with barriers to education and employment. View FY2009 Data Profile.
Who we are: